Q: How long does it take to get an online car insurance quotes?

A: Looking for car insurance policies and comparing quotes online can take up to less than one minute through bankonus.com.

Q: What will the comprehensive insurance cover?

A: A comprehensive insurance policy protects against loss, damage and includes third party liability. Additionally, you also get cover against damage to the vehicle due to accidental collision, overturning, fire, external explosion, self-ignition, theft, or due to vandalism unless specifically excluded.

[Related Article: Third party vs comprehensive car insurance]

Q: What will the third party insurance cover?

A: Third party insurance policy is the basic insurance type in the UAE and it is the cheapest. It provides cover against death or bodily injury to any third party as well as property damage by insured vehicle. The policy does not include cover damage to the insured vehicle.

Q: What is the No Claims Discount?

A: It is a discount given by your service provider/insurance company on your premium. It takes into account your driving experience and the number of years you have been driving without any claims.

Q: Why is the validity of my insurance 13 months?

A: The general registration period of your car is 12 months in the UAE. However, road and traffic authority (RTA) provides a grace period of 1 month to complete the annual registration process which is also covered in the policy.

Q: What is the difference between agency repair and non-agency repair?

A: If you want to go for agency repairs, you can get your vehicle repaired at the manufacturer’s authorized workshop in case of an accident. If you chose non-agency repair, your vehicle can be repaired at any of the authorized garages of the insurance company.

Q: What are the documents needed to get a car insurance policy?

A: In order to issue a new car insurance policy, you need the following documents:

  • Emirates ID (Front & Back Copy)
  • Date of birth
  • Vehicle details like make, model, year of manufacture
  • Copy of vehicle registration (Front & Back)
  • Copy of your driver’s license (Front & Back)

[Are you looking to get a Car Insurance? Compare Now!]

Q: What if someone borrows my car and gets into an accident?

A: This depends on the terms and conditions of the insurance policy. Some of the insurance policies have the names of the drivers included in the policy.

Q: Will my car insurance pay for or provide me with a rental car if my car is in the garage?

A: The provider/insurance company can cover the cost or provide a rental car only if it is included in the policy.

Q: My car is 6 years old. Can you provide comprehensive cover for my vehicle?

A: Comprehensive cover is usually available for vehicles up to 7 years. Vehicles over 7 years need to be referred to our motor team who will review each case and try to provide the comprehensive cover for the vehicle.

Share this article :